Calf augmentation is an excellent solution for men and women who would like to change the appearance of their legs. Calf implants enhance the size, shape, and definition of a person’s leg muscles.
Often, patients interested in calf augmentation have tried to improve the appearance of their leg muscles through vigorous exercise, without intended results. Calf implants are also a solution for patients dealing with effects of muscle deterioration. The surgery will improve the proportions and shape of the calf muscles in relation to the thighs and rest of the body.
Dr. Marouk is a board-certified cosmetic surgeon specializing in calf implants in Chandler, AZ. He has performed hundreds of successful surgeries for patients with cosmetic or reconstructive needs. Dr. Marouk approaches every procedure with exceptional detail, as proportions, size, and shape are essential to designing the implants that will give our patients the exact appearance they are hoping for.
Calf Implant Surgery
- Procedure begins after patient is given general anesthesia.
- Small incision on the leg behind the knee
- Solid silicone implant placed in space between fascia and muscle
- Dissolving sutures close incision
- Total Time : Less than 2 Hours
Calf Augmentation Recovery
- Patient may walk around, must avoid any strenuous activity
- When at rest, elevate the legs to reduce swelling and discomfort
- Bandages and dressings removed
- Patients encouraged to walk occasionally to stimulate blood flow and strengthen muscles.
2-3 weeks after Surgery
- Normal walking and other non-strenuous activities resumed
8 weeks after Surgery
- After consultation, more strenuous activity may be resumed. (cycling, jogging, leg exercises)
- Dr. Marouk and patient will determine which activities are acceptable based on how post-surgery healing is progressing. Patience and healing are essential to avoid shifting and displacement of calf implants.
- Follow-up appointments will be scheduled as needed or at interim periods to determine progress and ensure healing is completely successful.